- Black Pepper which is (Kurumulaku in Malayalam Kali Mirch in Hindi Marich in Sanskrit) is cultivated for its fruit. The king of spices" is widely used in cuisines globally. It's indigenous to the rain forests of Kerala and also known as "black gold". Black pepper is actually a flowering vine. In Kerala it's still dried in direct sunlight. The fruit in the dried stage is known as peppercorn and that's used as a spice, medicine and seasoning. After drying it's consumed in the raw form.
- Pepper is an inevitable ingredient for several culinary delights. Besides hot taste and aroma, it's added to dishes to correct the seasoning. Pepper is a good preservative which is used in baking, pickling, canning and for preserving meat. The world today consumes as much black pepper as all other spices combined. It's used in one way or other in most cuisines and it's used to prepare just about every kind of dish, including desserts!
- Black pepper is one of the most versatile spices used in virtually in all kinds of savoury cooking. In order to keep their fragrance and flavor intact, they are generally ground just before preparing dishes and added at the last minutes in the recipes. Since, ground pepper only stays fresh for about three months, but peppercorns will last indefinitely. They are used to marinate chicken, fish, and meat. Can be used in the preparation of soups, barbecue sauces, pickling and as a main ingredient in
- Devanx Spices collecting Green Pepper from small farmers in the southern part of Kerala. Mostly it's from Idukki, Pathanamthitta and Alleppey distrticts. These raw pepper corns are grown organically without use of any pesticides. We are drying it in the Pepper Dryer, which helps to stand out its aroma and spiciness as compared to all other brands. Thus we can promise Spicy Carte Black Pepper corns are homestead, cleaned and sorted from the fresh Kerala crop itself !
- we do not use anything like preservatives or polishes in all of our spices. They are best stored in tiny spice glass or steel air tight containers in a cool, dry place where they can keep for months. Fresh Spices are of potent in flavor, so make sure you use it sparingly for longer life and quality. Tip: A homemade cure for a bad migraine headache is a concoction of freshly crushed black pepper cooked in milk.
Shipping and Returns
- We offer tracked shipping on all orders. Tracking information will be shared as soon as the order is dispatched.
- Please check the delivery estimate before adding a product to the cart. This is displayed for every product on the website.
- Available shipping methods and charges will be displayed at the time of checkout, depending on your exact location.
- All customers are entitled to a return window of 14 days, starting from the date of delivery of the product(s).
- Customers are advised to read our return policy for details of the return process, eligibility, refunds as well as cancellations or exchanges.
- In case of any issues or concerns about Shipping or Returns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.